Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Interview with Velvet Sky from 2004


Quick Highlights

---Debut 2003

---Total Non-Stop Action (TNA) 2007-Present

---Total Non-Stop Action Tag Team Title

---Has appeared for World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) 2005-2007

---Audition for the WWE Diva Search 2007

---#23 In Pro Wrestling Illustrated top 50 Women of Wrestling in 2008

---#23 In Pro Wrestling Illustrated top 50 Women of Wrestling in 2009

---#2 in Pro Wrestling Illustrated Sexiest Women in Wrestling in 2009

---#21 in Pro Wrestling Illustrated top 50 Women of Wrestling in 2010



JM: How did you get into wrestling?

T: I've always liked wrestling as far back as I can remember. My dad is the one who got me into wrestling...he would always try and make me watch it with him. It took a while, but I got into it and ever since then I've been hooked. I used to love watching "Macho Man" with Miss Elizabeth (RIP). He was my favorite. To this day I love wrestling. I started training in November of 2001. I used to drive up to Chicopee, MA. (which is about an hour from my house) three to four times a week to train with some friends at Kevin Landry's ring. Then, one day, we went to train at former-ECW star Jason Knight's "House of Pain Pro Wrestling Dojo" where Jason saw me working in the ring. He liked me, so he asked me to come train with him and his students on a regular basis. Jason has helped me out tremendously! He's a great trainer.




JM: What is the one thing you want to accomplish in the biz?

T: To succeed in all I do and continue to have fun doing it as long as my body holds out on me LOL! I would love to travel overseas at some point also.






JM: What feds have you worked for and currently work for?

T: Currently I work for Assault Championship Wrestling, DCW, 3PW, WXW, MWF, HWA, and DWOW. In the past I have worked for UWF, WWW, WWA, GMW, CCW and NWA-TNA




JM: Do you see yourself in the WWE in the future?

T: Absolutely. As long as I continue to work hard at all I want to accomplish, I believe I have the drive and determination to make it there.




JM: What is the most painful experience you have had to go through in the business?

T: I was dating one of the workers for the past 3 yrs and we lived together and wrestled together at every show. He recently broke up with me and told me he had been cheating on me so we're no longer together and its hard because we have all the same friends and I still have to see him and work with him at shows. At first I was a mess, but I'm completely over it and have moved on to bigger and better things. I have learned from this experience to never EVER waste my time on the "little" things.




JM: If there is anything you would change about wrestling today, what would it be?

T: To have women's wrestling taken more serious!

JM: Who do you admire in the business?

T: Jason Knight, Francine, April Hunter, Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero, Trish Stratus, and Lita. There's tons more but I just named a few.




JM: Can you Comment, experiences, or your opinion on each woman in the WWE.

Jacquelyn- She is one tough bi***!!!!

Terri- hope I'm in as good of shape as her when I'm her age

Sable- glad she's back

Molly Holly- One of the best female workers I have ever seen. She could have a good match with anyone.

Ivory- Full of life and energy~also a very good worker!

Lillian Garcia- She has a beautiful voice.

Lita- She has so much heart for this business. I read her book and it was great! If you haven't read it yet, I recommend you do.

Trish Stratus- She has come a long way from when she first started. She has improved so much and I'm happy for her.

Victoria- she's a really good heel and she really gets into her gimmick which makes it so believable

Stacy Kiebler- nice legs

Torrie Wilson- cute

Jazz- very powerful worker. She trained with Jason Knight who is my trainer.

Dawn Marie- WWE should really use her more. She's got a lot of potential.

Gail Kim- I can see her getting very far in the WWE




JM: What is the experience like working for the DCW in Delaware?

T: DCW is the best place to work...Jeff Rocker and the rest of the staff take care of all of tremendously! Its so professional and we run at a great venue. For more info check out Dcwprowrestling.com




JM: Who are some of your favorites in DCW?

T: Francine, I love her to death!! Johnny Thunder, Scotty Charisma, Justice Pain, Red Hot Russ, Mike Xylas, Crazy Shea, just to name a few. I like the whole DCW roster. There a great group of workers with a lot of skill.




JM: What advice would you give young female fans who dream to get into the biz?

T: Make sure your heart is in it and don't come into this business thinking that it’s an easy ticket to the WWE cause its not. It takes A LOT of hard work, heart, and training to make it in this business. Make sure you are in shape. Join a gym and get your body toned up. You don't see any out of shape women in the WWE do you? Also, if you don't like long road trips, you had better learn to like it or you won’t last very long. Good luck!!


Check out my web site at TaliaDoll.com

and my home fed which is AssaultWrestling.com



No comments: