Thursday, July 25, 2013

Interview with Lana Kinnear from 2010



 


 

Quick Highlights



--Debut: 2000

 --Woman of Wrestling (WOW) 2000- 2001

--Guest Appeared on WWE's Raw (2004)

--Wrestlicious (2010--)

 --Formal Girlfriend of Hue Heffner


JM: Thank you for taking the time to do this interview, My First Question is where did you grow up?

LK: washington for a few years but mostly Southern California


 JM: What were some of your work in the entertainment industry before staring in WOW?

 LK: Before WOW I was mostly doing small parts in commercials or TV shows a lot of music videos and car posters, calendars and magazines?


 JM: How did the deal come about for you to work in WOW?

 LK: I had an agent that told me to go on the audition he said it was to be an announcer but when I got there I realized it was to be a wrestler and he was calling me as I got there saying don't go that he was wrong that it was actually to be a wrestler and I was like sweet! I'm staying lol


JM: When you audition for the role of Lana Star and got it, where you ever a fan of wrestling prior and if so who were some of your favorites?

LK: Absolutely I was a huge fan my absolute fav was Bret Hart and I also really liked Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho


 JM: Can you share some of your memories/interesting stories during your run with WOW?

LK: It was so long ago I can't really remember even though I'm sure there was tons of drama haha


 JM: After WOW ended, did you want to pursue a career in wrestling the same way Erica Porter & Bobbi Billard did?

LK: I did do some things here and there I did a national commercial for Tag Body spray which I wrestled in, I also was involved in the marketing of the wrestling video game rumble roses as a character. I definitely wasn't opposed to it if a great deal on a good show came along but I wasn't actively pursuing it, I just didn't have the time to go on the wrestling circuit also financially there's not a lot of money to be made unless it's a well-funded show.


JM: Your Next Job in wrestling was that you were Beverly Hills for CRUSH wrestling, whatever happens with that

LK: I think there wasn't enough funding behind that show which unfortunately happens a lot :(


JM: I was Watching Spider-Man the motion Picture when it first hit theaters and during the Macho Man Randy Savage scene when he was wrestling, I am almost positive you were a nurse for the scene, is that true? If so, what was the experience like for you during that period?

 LK: I never saw the movie so I don't know, I worked on it one day I was supposed to be on it for 3 but it was not what I was told it was going to be so I told my agent to let them know I wouldn't be coming back under the circumstances. As far as I know they hired another girl to fill in the other 2 days for me.


JM: You also made a few appearances for WWE Raw, has there ever been any talk for you to work for WWE?

 LK: That was fun, they run very smoothly. Not that I know of I would have had to definitely sharpen my skills up back then.


JM: After Many Years away from wrestling and focusing more and more on modeling and acting.. How did the deal come for you to work with the New Wresleicious program, how did you feel about returning to the ring?

LK: Johnny Cafarella emailed me and asked if I would be interested I worked with him on Crush and he is so cool I was like sure! Actually it was so great getting into the ring and training again I was so much more into it then I was back in WOW


JM: How would you compare the good and the bad between WOW & Wrestleicious?

 LK: Well wrestlicious has way better experienced wrestlers but WOW I think came out a good time and had a good TV presence. I'm really hoping that wrestlicious gets picked up in some good slots in good markets because it is a really great and different show.


JM: Due to your return to the wrestling spotlight, will there be a chance we'll see you in the WWE or TNA in the future?

 LK: haha that would be up to them


JM: You have been heavily involved with Play Boy for several years, will we get the opportunity to see you grace the pages again?

 LK: You never know I'm still very close with them


JM: Any advice for fans who want to follow their dreams?

 LK: Just go for it never gives up. If it makes you happy do it. Don't let anyone hold you back


JM: Closing thoughts?

 LK: Thanks for interviewing me and please check out my website www.absolutelana.com or www.twitter.com/themalibu


 

No comments: